Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 4- YAY tea!

After grillin' up a hamburger in "Kentuckyaki" sauce for lunch, it was time to go grocery shopping---so off to Berea, to check out their market!

Which brings us to the absolute highlight of my day: I found local tea, thanks to Salamander Springs Farm! Not only did they have loads of onions, garlic, and wonderful blackberries...but they had tea! And a girl working at the booth told all about how to make my own yogurt...so that's definitely gonna happen soon. :) Thanks, Salamander Springs! (Did I mention they had tea!??)


While at the Berea Farmers' Market, I also stocked up on raspberries and blueberries. Now, we all know that we shouldn't shop while hungry...but I totally broke that rule, so half the raspberries were gone before I even left the market! They were so good though, and I've never been so happy to have a big ol' raspberry.

After Farmers' Market, I rolled on down to Happy Meadows and bought a loaf of bread and cheddar cheese, which made quite possibly the best cheddar cheese sandwich dinner I've ever had (or maybe I was just really, really hungry!). I also got a jar of cream from a local dairy, because I didn't do so well at rationing my butter to last an entire week. Unfortunately, the cream met its demise on the sidewalk outside of the house, rather than actually making it through the door. So much for having cream 'n berries for dessert! Ah, well--getting more milk tomorrow, so I can manage a day without butter! ;)

Tomorrow and Friday will be tricky for me, because I'm traveling for meetings both days. On Friday, I'll be out of town for lunch and dinner...I'm a bit nervous about that one!

~Mel

1 comment:

  1. This is so totally awesome! It's so awesome that you're eating all local this month- but I bet it gets tiring every now and then!
    I hope I'll eat local a lot in college, just because I know there's a farmer's market-ish grocery store down the street from campus. I only hope my budget will let me fulfill these dreams...

    Also, I think you are very brave. I could NEVER make my own yogurt, I think.

    love, rudi

    ReplyDelete