Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 2....Cornbread!

Definitely not as difficult as the first day because I stayed close to home. It's when I'm out and about that the food challenge gets hairy!
So for breakfast I ate.... a poached egg from my very own Chickens, toast from Hillside Bakery patted with my butter I made and honey I got from Lynch Farm, and a porkchop from my farm as well...AND a cold glass of raw milk! Yummo!
Lunch got a little difficult, because I went over to my Grandparents after Church and Grandad was bent on grilling...thankfully we eat our own beef. So I had a nice hamburger patty with a slice of onion, tomato and basil from my own garden, green beans ala Dot bought at the Whitley County Farmers Mkt and cornbread! The corn meal came from the Wienerberger Mill in Midway, Ky. I thought my Grandparents would be interested in trying the milk and the butter...but neither were really interested. Granddad said he had never seen such yellow butter before....swearing it couldn't be real!

This unique recipe included:

Cornmeal
Farm Fresh Eggs
Buttermilk (left over from making butter)
Shredded Zucchini
Minced Hot Banana Pepper
Grated Manchego Cheese (from local sheep)
Salted Butter


And I had the cornbread with honey and butter for dessert after tonight's meal too! It was scrumptious!
For Dinner I had steak and potatoes! Steak from my own beef cattle and new potatoes from the Whitley Co Farmer's Mkt. For a salad, I had chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic and feta....all local! So far.....soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment