Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 3-Sugar Withdrawal!

So breakfast was great. Thanks to my chicken Helen Keller, I had a loverly egg on toast:


Lunch was fabulous too. A salad made from cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta cheese, and a porkchop!
Then.....the clock struck 5pm. All I could think about was sweets. Of some kind...any kind! Suddenly, every commercial on TV was of some sort of processed, fried, sweet, wonderful looking food...oh, I was craving it!

So I reminded myself that I already had my celebratory "Last Coke" on Friday Night, and I was probably just craving caffeine:

...and went for the honey on bread. And ya know what? I felt better afterwards! I was sure that the honey would be a sad, hollow replacement for a Twix...but after eating it, my sweet tooth was quite happy.

So far, I feel like I get downright ravenous around breakfast/lunch/dinner! I think its because I'm not snacking between meals like usual. So I'd say that's actually a good sign--I realize now how often I eat high calorie, high processed "filler" foods just because I'm hungry. Who knew eating local could be so enlightening? :)

~Mel

1 comment:

  1. Your breakfast looks scrumptious. An egg with a big hunk of good bread never disappoints! As for the caffeine craving...OY VEY! If I were you, I would be looking for a local farmer who could grow me some very quickly! ;)

    ReplyDelete